[GRASS-dev] New histogramming tool for GRASS 7

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 11:26:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/9/22 Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>:
> Something that I've thought about for quite awhile but only now managed to
> get around to doing. I have added a new histogramming tool to GRASS 7, based
> on PyPlot like the profiling tool. It will histogram a single raster map or
> all the maps in an imagery group. It gives user control over colors and line
> styles, axes, legends, fonts, and grid.
> It is available from the analysis toolbar button on the display canvas as
> "Create histogram with PyPlot" for now. I've left in the old tool that
> displays d.hist in a window. It should be especially useful for image
> analysis.

cool!

> Give it a try and let me know if you hit any bugs.

yes, both Histogram and Histogram2() launched PyPlot-based
histogramming tool, fixed (including some cosmetics changes in
r48410).

I also worry about duplication of the code. Ideally
histogram.HistFrame and histogram2.HistFrame should have common
superclass. Same probably for histogram2.HistFrame and
profile.ProfileFrame.

Martin