[GRASS-dev] i.atcorr don't compile

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Sep 29 16:28:42 EDT 2011

Markus Neteler wrote:

> You need to configure GRASS with --with-cxx to enable the compilation
> of i.atcorr.

Should this be enabled by default?

With libraries, there's at least a possibility that the user might
infer that a particular module will need the appropriate --with-*
flag. But there's no clue as to which modules are written in C++.

While we're on the subject, can we choose a preferred file extension
for C++? There's no valid reason for needing duplicate sets of make
rules for both .cc and .cpp (and also .cxx, .c++ and/or .C if someone
ever uses those).