[GRASS-dev] i.atcorr don't compile

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 29 16:33:54 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> You need to configure GRASS with --with-cxx to enable the compilation
>> of i.atcorr.
>
> Should this be enabled by default?

Yes, why not.

> With libraries, there's at least a possibility that the user might
> infer that a particular module will need the appropriate --with-*
> flag. But there's no clue as to which modules are written in C++.

Exactly. We were initially in the dark, why i.atcorr didn't come up
while no error was reported.

> While we're on the subject, can we choose a preferred file extension
> for C++? There's no valid reason for needing duplicate sets of make
> rules for both .cc and .cpp (and also .cxx, .c++ and/or .C if someone
> ever uses those).

GDAL uses .cpp. Also others - a quick local poll on my dev machine:

[neteler at north ~]$ locate '.cpp' | wc -l
14213
[neteler at north ~]$ locate '.cc' | wc -l
834
[neteler at north ~]$ locate '.cxx' | wc -l
672

I'd vote for .cc|.cxx -> .cpp

Markus