[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1803: GRASS 6.4.3RC1 on Win 7: grass64.bat fails due to UNIX line endings in Init.bat

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Dec 22 01:49:26 PST 2012

#1803: GRASS 6.4.3RC1 on Win 7: grass64.bat fails due to UNIX line endings in
Init.bat
 Reporter:  msieczka        |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64          |

Comment(by martinl):

 Replying to [comment:4 msieczka]:
 > I assume that the svn checkout from GRASS repo is done on Windows too.
 >
 > In that case, lib/init/init.bat (having eol-style=native) should have
 CRLF line endings after an svn checkout on Win. So why does etc/Init.bat
 (made from lib/init/init.bat during the build) have LF instead?

 I have changed `eol-style` for `init.bat` to `CRLF` in r54365 (devbr6).

 The source code in devb6 contains 24 bat files (other bat files are
 generated during compilation process - for shell scripts).

 {{{
 find . -name '*.bat'
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/Rversions.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/Rtidy.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/rterm.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/Rtools.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/Rcmd.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/RguiStart.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/movedir.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/#Rscript.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/Stangle.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/copydir.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/Rgui.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/RtoolsVersion.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/Sweave.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/R.bat
 ./mswindows/external/rbatch/Rscript.bat
 ./mswindows/env.bat