[GRASS-dev] limits of r.patch

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 00:00:34 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Margherita Di Leo <
dileomargherita at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now tried:
>  gdalbuildvrt -input_file_list elenco_aster_europa mosaic.vrt
> (all in the same folder)
>
> then in GRASS:
>
> GRASS 6.4.3svn (ASTER_GDEM):~ > r.external
> input=/forest/ASTER-GDEM/Dem_lzw/mosaic.vrt output=mosaic --verbose
>
> Projection of input dataset and current location appear to match
> Proceeding with import...
>
> Importing band 1 of 1...
> Setting grey color table for <mosaic> (data range)
> Creating support files for mosaic
>
> Link to raster map <mosaic> created
> GRASS 6.4.3svn (ASTER_GDEM):~ > r.info map=mosaic
>
>  +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>  | Layer:    mosaic                         Date: Tue Jul 17 16:49:06
> 2012    |
>
>  | Mapset:   PERMANENT                      Login of Creator:
> leomarg         |
>  | Location:
> ASTER_GDEM                                                       |
>  | DataBase:
> /forest/GRASS/grassdata                                          |
>  | Title:     ( mosaic
> )                                                      |
>
>  | Timestamp:
> none                                                            |
>
>  |----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> |
>  |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories:
> 0               |
>  |   Data Type:
> CELL                                                       |
>  |   Rows:
> 140401                                                     |
>  |   Columns:
> 198001                                                     |
>  |   Total Cells:
> 27799538401                                                |
>  |        Projection:
> Latitude-Longitude                                      |
>  |            N: 72:00:00.5N    S: 32:59:59.5N   Res:
> 0:00:01                 |
>  |            E: 44:00:00.5E    W: 11:00:00.5W   Res:
> 0:00:01                 |
>  |   Range of data:    min = 0  max =
> 0                                       |

>  |   Data
>  |    generated by
> r.external                                                 |

> Comments:                                                                |
>  |    r.external input="/forest/ASTER-GDEM/Dem_lzw/mosaic.vrt"
> output="mos\   |
> aic"                                                                    |
> |

>  +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

I've imported the same map with r.in.gdal:

r.in.gdal input=/forest/ASTER-GDEM/Dem_lzw/mosaic.vrt output=mosaic
--overwrite

r.info map=mosaic
 | Layer:    mosaic                         Date: Tue Jul 17 17:57:31
2012    |
 | Mapset:   PERMANENT                      Login of Creator:
leomarg         |
 | Location:
ASTER_GDEM                                                       |
 | DataBase:
/forest/GRASS/grassdata                                          |
 | Title:     ( mosaic
)                                                      |
 | Timestamp:
none                                                            |

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories:
6518            |
 |   Data Type:
CELL                                                       |
 |   Rows:
140401                                                     |
 |   Columns:
198001                                                     |
 |   Total Cells:
27799538401                                                |
 |        Projection:
Latitude-Longitude                                      |
 |            N: 72:00:00.5N    S: 32:59:59.5N   Res:
0:00:01                 |
 |            E: 44:00:00.5E    W: 11:00:00.5W   Res:
0:00:01                 |
 |   Range of data:    min = -9999  max =
6518                                |

 |   Data
 |    generated by
r.in.gdal                                                  |

Comments:                                                                |
 |    r.in.gdal input="/forest/ASTER-GDEM/Dem_lzw/mosaic.vrt"
output="mosa\   |

ic"                                                                     |

So I guess something is wrong with r.external..

--
Dr. Margherita Di Leo