[GRASS-dev] Problems with v.net.distance

Roberto Marzocchi roberto.marzocchi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 03:57:38 PDT 2012

2012/6/18 Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork a googlemail.com>

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Roberto Marzocchi
> <roberto.marzocchi a gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Markus,
> >
> > many thannks for your changes. I think now the command is quite O.K..
> > Nevertheless I have encountered a new error:
> > I have tried with the command that you suggested me (to_type is point and
> > not line) and it works.
> >

> > v.net.distance input=network_cat4 output=network_cat4_distance alayer=3
> > nlayer=4 afcolumn=lungh_a abcolumn=lungh_i flayer=4 from_cats=1-4
> tlayer=4
> > to_type=point to_cats=5-6920 --overwrite
> >
> > after I try to do the opposite, that is from the 6916 nodes of the
> network
> > (that are point!) to the firestations and it don't works
> >
> > v.net.distance input=network_cat4 output=network_cat4_distance alayer=3
> > nlayer=4 afcolumn=lungh_a abcolumn=lungh_i tlayer=4 to_cats=1-4 flayer=4
> > to_type=point from_cats=5-6920 --overwrite

> > I don't understand why...
>
> Some of the 'from' features are not reachable within the network. For
> each 'from' feature, the module finds the nearest 'to' feature. That
> means that all 'from' features must be connected to the network, but
> it is ok if some 'to' features are not connected. This is why you got
> this error after you swapped the set of 'from' and 'to' features.
>
> Fixed in r52124. But maybe a warning would be useful if some 'from' or
> 'to' features are not reachable.
>
> Markus M

Dear Markus,

Now It works also for other points.  Obviously the nodes not connected are
not considered.

I'm in agree with you, a warning can be very useful!

It is strange also that the points are not connected to the network. In
fact I have created the nodes using v.net.
I will check if there is any problem with v.net.

Many thanks and best regards,
Roberto