[GRASS-dev] Re: missing GetToolEnabled for digitizer in GRASS 6.4.2

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 08:03:13 EST 2012

Hi,

2012/2/27 Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>:
> I think I've found the reason that you cannot stop digitizing with a right
> click in GRASS 6.4.2.
>
> A right click ultimately makes a call to GetToolEnabled. Either this method
> was never backported to 6.4.2 or the module that contains it is not
> imported. Because of the reorganized structure in 6.4.3, I can't tell where
> this is supposed to be in 6.4.2. Hopefully one of you recognize it and can
> find it.

ops, this bug has been introduced by me [1] (2012/01/19, so one month
before 6.4.2 release). The undo didn't work perfectly in GRASS 6, so I
decided to remove this tool from the toolbar, unfortunately there is
the side-effect you noted. I did some tests on GNU/Linux where
everything works (wxWidgest is not so strict when using GTK). Anyway I
can reproduce this bug on Windows.

The patch suggested by Anna is OK, the problem is that we can hardly
apply it in `relbr64` for 6.4.2 (code base changed a lot since 6.4.2
has been released). So at this point we would need to force packagers
to apply the patch locally. Happily it's related only to Windows (I
will do the job) and Mac OS X (William?). Unfortunately I don't know
about better solution.

WinGRASS: fixed version uploaded to grass.osgeo.org [2] and OSGeo4W
(`grass-6.4.2-3`). Linux version should be unaffected. Mac OS X
package needs to be updated (see patch at [3]). Testing highly
welcomed (open vector digitizer, digitize new feature).

Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/50301/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/toolbars.py
[2] http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/native/
[3] http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa/wingrass/wingrass-642.diff