[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS Debian packages - what are the outstanding issues

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 16:13:35 EDT 2012

Moritz wrote:
> As a follow-up to your recent unofficial packaging of GRASS
> for Debian Squeeze, could you explain what is currently
> holding 6.4.2 from being packaged as an official package ?

not a heck of a lot, I believe Frankie was waiting for the GDAL transition
to finish in Debian's servers before uploading anything that would make that
more difficult. (less of a cascading toolchain to have to rebuild &/or act
as a dependency blocker)

The "unofficial" packages I built use the same packaging scripts we
developed in DebianGIS's git, so any feedback on how they go is most
welcome as they will be nearly the same as the final product.

Hamish