[GRASS-dev] on the subject of toolboxes ...

Sylvain Maillard sylvain.maillard at gmail.com
Sun May 20 06:30:02 EDT 2012

Hi dev's,

2012/5/20 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>

> Namely, implement "views" in the wxGUI preferences section, with
> tick boxes where you can hide or show groups of modules as desired.
> A core set of common modules would always be ticked in a greyed-out box,
> and an "enable all" button would be present. Beyond that you can pick
> and choose.

As a user I fully apply to this proposal !
that's already how it works in some other software like QGis or Drupal, and
everyone seems to like it  ...

I see an other good reason for this choice: it would be possible to have a
box with the full index of modules and some explanations (like on the web
manual), I think it will help new users to find the module they need !

cheers,
Sylvain