[GRASS-dev] reducing screen clutter

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu May 24 08:26:38 EDT 2012

On 24/05/12 12:25, Chemin, Yann (IWMI) wrote:
> Maybe we can modify the GUI preferences:
>
> Default: All dialog boxes close after a run is complete
> In Preferences: Tick this box if you want the dialog boxes to be closed
> manually (i.e. stay after a run)

The tick box already exists, so you are suggesting to make closing the
dialog the default ? I find it quite useful, especially for newbies, to
have the dialog open and be able to correct wrong input, instead of
having to fill the whole dialog out again... But I can confirm that it
takes some teaching to make them aware of that feature and avoid that
they open the same command ten times. ;-)

Moritz