[GRASS-dev] v.label.sa question

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Tue May 29 00:29:44 PDT 2012

I wonder if the problem has to do with the fact that the file in ../etc that contains the freetype font definitions is called "fontcap" now, not freetypecap?

Michael

On May 29, 2012, at 4:42 AM, Hamish wrote:

> Michael wrote:
>> I need to label some vector points that are packed together such that
>> regular v.label does a lot of overlapping labels. It looks like
>> v.label.sa could do the trick. It is on the menu in the version of GRASS
>> 7 I compiled at the beginning of May, before heading out on this research
>> trip, but the binary is not present and the menu is greyed out.
>> AFAICT, it comes standard with the GRASS source distribution. So anyone
>> know why it doesn't compile by default? I didn't get any errors when I
>> compiled. Does it require some special dependencies or only compile in
>> some OS's (I'm on a Mac)?
>
> it's not there in trunk as it was removed from vector/Makefile in r36929
> "deactivated v.label.sa since yet broken".
>
> the brokeness happened in this commit:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/34923/grass/trunk/vector/v.label.sa/labels.h
>
> labels.c: In function 'labels_init':
> labels.c:86: error: implicit declaration of function 'find_font_from_freetypecap'
> labels.c:98: error: implicit declaration of function 'free_freetypecap'
>
> ?
>

> In addition, a long standing wish is to make it more compatible with
> v.label, so eventually it could be moved into a flag therein & remove
> some duplication.
>

> Hamish

C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
University Consortium for Atmospheric Research
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University