[GRASS-dev] Please update "Compile on Ubuntu" page in Wiki

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:43:33 PDT 2012

Hi,

as I remember the pacakage list was ok when I was compiling grass 6
and 7 on Ubuntu 12.04. I only added numpy but now it seems that
python-imaging package for PIL is missing too (probably needed only
for preview in Cartographic Composer).

But I'm using different configure command parameters. I was always
afraid to change the command on the wiki because I don't understand it
completely.

Anyway here is my "script_configure.sh" which I used for grass 6.4 on
Ubuntu 12.04:

export CFLAGS="-ggdb -Wall -Werror-implicit-function-declaration"
export CXXFLAGS="-g -Wall"
./configure --prefix=/usr/local \
 --with-postgres --with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/postgresql \
 --with-mysql --with-mysql-includes=/usr/include/mysql/ \
 --with-gdal \
 --with-proj \
 --with-proj-share=/usr/share/proj \
 --with-motif \
 --with-nls \
 --with-readline \
 --with-cxx \
 --x-includes=/usr/include/ \
 --x-libraries=/usr/lib/ \
 --with-freetype --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 \
 --with-sqlite \
 --with-odbc \
 --with-wxwidgets \
 --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/tcl/ --with-tcltk-libs=/usr/lib/ \
 --with-geos \
 --with-pthread \
 --enable-largefile \
 --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.7-config \
 --with-ffmpeg \
 --with-ffmpeg-includes="/usr/include/libavcodec
/usr/include/libavformat /usr/include/libswscale" \
 --with-cairo

Only difference for 10.04 is that I don't have to specify X libs
paths, python is 2.6 and some thing with ffmpeg paths I guess.

I'm using UbuntuGIS unstable but I'm not sure if this makes a difference.

Sorry for being not so helpful.

Vaclav