[GRASS-dev] is r.in.png working in GRASS 7?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 23:49:51 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 10 September 2012 04:20, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> I just tried to use r.in.png to prepare a demo of georectifying for my class
>
> 1. I made a map from the sc demo data of roads, streams, and lakes
> 2. I exported it to PNG. Looks fine
> 3. I used r.in.png to import it. No error.
> 4. No map
>
> I tried the default settings and the floating point flag. Any ideas?
>
> Michael

I've recently used r.in.png and r.in.gdal (for PNG import) and both
worked well. Only problem was that I have fresh (new) xy location
without reasonable default region and when I imported data and added
them to layer manager, I saw only grey color. The problem was that I
had to do "zoom to map" because my display was zoomed to one pixel
(bbox 0,0,1,1).

Another problem is that after import one map is added to layer
manager. Unfortunately this map does not exist. It is map with the
name same as the picture name. But there are three maps one for each
color. This is a bug. But so far there are no ideas how to fix it.

Vaclav