[GRASS-dev] GRASS6.4.3svn d.rast -o, d.vect -c, Browse for v.out.ogr

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Sep 10 02:42:07 PDT 2012

On 10/09/12 09:17, Anna Kratochvílová wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM, Helena Mitasova<hmitaso at ncsu.edu>  wrote:
>> Also, this is the first year that I haven't seen many complaints about import/export of raster and vector data,
>> so that is a great improvement too.
>> The only comment I have seen so far was lack of Browse button when selecting the directory for v.out.ogr output,
>> I am wondering whether it is intentional due to some technical issues or just an oversight,
>> given that r.out.gdal has such option.
>
> I don't know, the gui respects that the dsn option is string and not
> file. There is probably some difference but someone would know this
> better.

ISTR that the issue is that ogr output can either be file or directory
depending on the chosen format. AFAIU, it is difficult to have a browse
button that allows chosing one of the two, and so the text option was
the easiest answer. I don't think gdal output can be directories, or ?

But again, this is long-term memories here, so I might be wrong.

Moritz