[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] How to fix sqlite3.dll error in winGRASS

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 02:25:29 PDT 2012

Hi Michael,

I have a message to you from Sandro Furieri ;-)

=====

Hi Michael,

the one experienced by your student seems to be the most classic
"Windows DLL hell" issue.
The most probable cause accounting for this error is that some
SQLite's DLL of mismatching version (a really obsolete one) is
already installed somewhere on the student's own PC.

Rules dictating from where a DLL is actually loaded are rather
confused on Windows; you can eventually try to learn more from
here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-**us/library/windows/desktop/**
ms682586%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#**search_order_for_desktop_**applications<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682586%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#search_order_for_desktop_applications>

usually removing any previous installation of Grass (QGIS and alike),
then carefully removing any libsqlite*.dll you'll eventually find,
and finally re-installing yet another time GRASS would (hopefully)
resolve any DLL-related issue/oddity.

bye Sandro Furieri
(SpatiaLite main developer)

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:57 AM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>wrote:

>  One of my students has been getting the error message below when she
> tries to start up GRASS for Windows (6.4.3, 6.5, and 7.0).
>
>  Other students with Windows have had no problem. Is there a fix for
> this? She is running Windows 7.
>
>  Thanks
> Michael
>          ______________________________
> C. Michael Barton
> Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
> Arizona State University
> Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
> USA
>
>  voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
> fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
> www:  http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
> http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>  *From: *Sarah Striker <sarah.striker at asu.edu>
>  *Subject: **GRASS Error Message*
>  *Date: *September 11, 2012 3:25:49 PM MST
>  *To: *Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>
>
> This is the message I get each time I attempt to open a file.
>
> python.exe - Entry point not found
>
> The procedure entry point sqlite3_open_v2 could not be located in the
> dynamic link library sqlite3.dll
>

> Thanks!
>
> Sarah

Margherita DI LEO