[GRASS-dev] Grass SVN in Android, display issue

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 22 18:07:16 PDT 2012

Hi,
i have tested the raster3d library and most of the related modules intensively.
I rediscovered an ugly bug in the 3D raster run length encoding (RLE)
compression implementation  and modified the library test to catch it.
I am unable to fix the RLE compression bug. But it seems to me that
the existing
LZW tile compression is sufficient without using RLE. As consequence i
have switched off the use of RLE, only compression using LZW  is now
supported.
This modification will affect all new created 3D raster maps.
Maps that have been created with RLE can still be read. The new RLE
free created maps are fully backward compatible.

The library test (test.g3d.lib) located in lib/raster3d/test has a
switch to enable RLE for testing purpose at runtime.

Now everything works fine, all tests are passed and large files (>1
billion cells) are created on my Ubuntu 64Bit system without problems.

Many thanks Glynn for removing the XDR stuff. :)

Best regards
Soeren