[GRASS-dev] GRASS GIS 6.4.3RC2 released

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Wed Feb 13 13:20:10 PST 2013

Martin,

I think that #1736 is still unresolved and I am afraid that the latest changes might have made it worse, I still have a working version in GRASS6.5 which I have not updated for a while but the most recent version in 6.4.3 seems to be crashing unpredictably,
similar to what it used to do couple years ago in old nviz (see #803). I will try to update and test again to see where it stands
but it may be now crashing on linux as well.

here is the 2d and 3d raster that I have used for testing, it now crashes for isosurface 15 and 16 but works for isosurface 17
(my GRASS6.5 works with it without any trouble for any isosurface)
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/JR_2008_ALL.asci
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/JR_7408MR_2m_t70_nd0.asci
I am doing my testing on Mac OSX10.6 and Mac OSX10.8
(I totally agree with Markus M and Tomas Paudits that ogsf needs to be rewritten but so far I did not have much luck
finding anybody with the right expertise to do it).

I think that #1801was fixed thanks to Markus M, but I did not have time to test. here is a 3d raster with nulls that was causing problems if somebody wants to test
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/JR_7408MR_2m_t70.asci

I can try #1784 on our Windows machines to see whether we have the same problem.
I am not sure about the rest of the critical bugs. The rest of the issues that I posted in emails was not critical,
mostly confusing features and most of them are fixed thanks to Anna,

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
2800 Faucette Drive, Rm. 1125 Jordan Hall
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
hmitaso at ncsu.edu