[GRASS-dev] Additional switch(es) for <g.mapsets>?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 06:34:19 PST 2013

Hi,

2013/2/18 Anna Kratochvílová <kratochanna at gmail.com>:
> I think there is no reason for that. Also, this g.mapsets -s is not
> really consistent with the new g.gui.modules. What about
> g.gui.mapsets? Or if we want to keep the flag -s, the code should be
> at least on one place.

this `-s` flag is a historical artefact from G6 - `g.mapsets -s`
originally launch TCL/TK dialog (if GUI is TCL/TK). Having `g.gui.*`
modules, `g.gui.mapsets` makes probably more sense (drawback: one more
module introduced, backward compatibility broken - 's' flag removed)
than `g.mapsets -s`. In any case, code should be on one place, of
course.

Martin