[GRASS-dev] Feedback upon Landsat related modules

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Thu Jan 17 00:27:26 PST 2013

Alexander Muriy:
..
> ...will try to rewrite it in Python with a bit more logic.
..

Alex,

I do have some modifications to propose:

1. It would be nice to use the official WRS2 Path/Row tiles as MASKs with the "-
m" (or another, newer) switch, so the module works through all bands of a
scene and trims them based on the MASK. It would take for the users to get the
Path/Row tiles of his interest, import them and, perhaps rasterise them
(although this last step can be integrated in i.landsat.trim).

What do you think? How difficult would that be?  Also, this means that both the
rast_buffer and the gener_thresh parameters will be no longer used in this
case. Right?

Currently I am doing this work for many Landsat scenes -- scripting or one-
liners in bash as this is the fastest way for me.

2. The way the "output_prefix" parameter works (e.g.: "Prefix for output raster
map, Example: 'trim' generates B.1.trim, B.2.trim, ... "), makes me think that
it should be actually named "output_suffix".

Best, Nikos