[GRASS-dev] r.forestfrag

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 04:21:40 PST 2013

Hi,

I was trying to run r.forestfrag.sh on GRASS 7.0. It is incompatible
however, so I decided to update it to work with GRASS 7.0.

While working on it, I have added some further options and changes:

  * The user can now select the size of the moving window (default is
    still 3x3) -- Stefan, something you were looking for I think.
    Perhaps you can test?
  * Before the areas statistics (r.report) is run, the output map is
    trimmed to remove the edge effect of the calculations with the
    moving window
  * The user can decide to keep the output map trimmed or not
  * The user has the option to keep some of the intermediate layers (off
    by default).

I have added the new version of r.forestfrag.sh to
https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.forestfrag/ to
make it easer for other to check / correct the script. It doesn't run on
GRASS 6.4 unfortunately, although it should be fairly easy to make it so.

Cheers,

Paulo

p.s. while working on this, I ran into the problem that g.parser seems
to parse the GUI window differently when running from the command line
or from the command console in the GRASS Layer Manager (as reported
here: http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1858)