[GRASS-dev] Example python script

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jan 31 08:12:27 PST 2013

On 31/01/13 16:48, Paulo van Breugel wrote:
>   Does anybody has an example grass python script that deals with
> multiple layer input? For example with the input option below with #%
> multiple set to yes, I would like to create multiple variables, one for
> each map.
>
> #%option
> #% key: input
> #% type: string
> #% gisprompt: old,cell,raster
> #% required: yes
> #% multiple: yes
> #%end
>
> I am completely new to python, and besides python scripting tutorials
> and text books, for me using examples is a great way to accelerate the
> learning process. I have looked into the addon repository and scripts in
> the GRASS 7 SVN, but haven't found what I was looking for.
>
> More in general, does anybody have (simple) shell scripts that have now
> been converted in python scripts? I thought I had seen a page on the
> grass wiki where code snippets in shell and python were compared, but I
> can't find it.

You can always look at the scripts in grass7. A quick grep through the
directory shows:

i.spectral/i.spectral.py
r.buffer.lowmem/r.buffer.lowmem.py
r.in.wms/r.in.wms.py
v.db.addtable/v.db.addtable.py
v.db.univar/v.db.univar.py
v.in.wfs/v.in.wfs.py
v.krige/v.krige.py

Generally, you should be able to do something like this:

rastermaps = input.split(',')

and the access each maps like this:

my_map1 = rastermaps[0]

etc