[GRASS-dev] G7 compile error:

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 14:56:41 PDT 2013

Johannes wrote:
> Interestingly the compilation was working some days (maybe already weeks) ago.

Right, the code had been changed by a few people to work
with their local version of libav at the expense of people
using other versions. So in the last week or so I put in a
bunch of conditionals to try and make it work for everyone
using versions from the last year or three. In some cases
that makes it stricter. The reason that distros are abandoning
ffmpeg is that the API changes all the time and it is hard
for the packagers to keep up, so they seem to be transitioning
to a more stable but-compatible fork, and hopefully these
troubles become less.

And yes, for the grass7 code just leave off --with-ffmpeg
since it isn't used in the wxNVIZ currently/yet.

regards,
Hamish