[GRASS-dev] Makefile arguments for OpenCL (r.sun)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 24 22:30:31 PDT 2013

Yann wrote:

> Machine is hosted as a GPU cluster, NVIDIA 4.1 (OpenCL is there), Tesla GPU.

nice, something real to test it on. :)

> Configure was with:
> --with-opencl --with-opencl-includes=/opt/cuda/include
>
> so all good, but the libs (will add that), but does not help the
> include not found (-I/usr/cuda/include in Makefile...), on this
> machine it is CL/opencl.h

After ./configure, in include/Make/Platform.make what do these settings say?

#OpenCL
OCLINCPATH          =
OCLLIBPATH          =
OCLLIB              =
USE_OPENCL          =

If it is set ok there then we need to do something more than just set
   EXTRA_INC = $(PROJINC) $(OCLINCPATH)
in r.sun's Makefile.

re. the libs, see also the "needed?" comment in the Makefile. Maybe
one of those need to be enabled.

thanks,
Hamish