[GRASS-dev] compilation of grass on AIX 7.1

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jun 28 12:07:45 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> How to tell GRASS 7 in configure to pick up the  /opt/freeware/ include file and
>> library?
>
> --with-includes=/opt/freeware/include --with-libs=/opt/freeware/lib
>
> This adds the corresponding -I/-L flags to all compilation and linking
> commands.

I tried, it fails as before (make distclean done).
Perhaps the installation is broken?

cat /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.la
# libiconv.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.
# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='libiconv.so.2'
# Names of this library.
library_names='libiconv.a libiconv.a'
# The name of the static archive.
old_library=''
# Linker flags that can not go in dependency_libs.
inherited_linker_flags=''
# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -L/opt/freeware/lib'

but there is no libiconv.so.2.