[GRASS-dev] Implementation of the High Pass Filter Additive Fusion technique (i.fusion.hpf)

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sun Nov 17 18:56:05 PST 2013

Attached is a new version of i.pansharpen (i.pansharpen2) to test.

I've changed it so that the user can set the number of grey levels (defaults to 256). One thing that worries me is this warning I got. It comes from r.stat:

WARNING: Raster map <p034r032_7dp20010924_z13_80> is reading as integer
         map! Flag '-C' and/or 'nsteps' option will be ignored.

I'd been running r.stats with the -i flag to force it to read map values as integer. IHS pan sharpening requires integer input and most image data are integers anyway. But the warning suggests that if the map is read as integer, it can only have 256 levels. Not sure what to make of that. I've dropped the -i flag in r.stats. It seems to work OK, but I'm not sure whether it has problematic effects or not.

If anyone has test data at 8 bit and higher, please test and see if this solves the 256 level limit.

Michael

C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice:   480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)