[GRASS-dev] d.text -c

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 14:04:56 PDT 2013

Martin wrote:

> `d.text` contains apparently unused flag
>
>   -c   Ignored (compatibility with d.text.freetype)
>
> Because `d.text.freetype` has been removed from GRASS 7, it seems to
> me that this flag can be removed without any harm.

sure

> More strangely `d.text.freetype` in GRASS 6.4/6.5 says the same as `d.text`, ie.
>
>   -c   Ignored (compatibility with d.text.freetype)

What you're seeing there is actually the options of d.text.new,
not d.text.freetype.

In 6.x the old d.text and d.text.freetype modules were both
replaced by d.text.new. d.text.new is built with the d.text
name, and d.text.freetype is a wrapper script calling d.text.

I only see the -c flag in the d.text.freetype/ code currently,
which was to put it into "command mode" (compatibility with
a d.text(.old) feature which no longer exists).

Hamish