[GRASS-dev] Handling of Python scripts on MS Windows

Hamish hamish.webmail at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 16:34:50 PDT 2014

Markus Metz wrote:
> ESRI assumes that their system-wide Python installation will never
> change. That is rather ignorant. I don't think GRASS should mimik the
> aggnorant ignorance of ESRI.

I think that's more a reflection on the way things are done in the MS
Windows world: the last program to install itself wins. Which leads to
the usual 1st trouble shooting step on Windows after seeing if a
rebooting helps: try uninstalling then reinstalling the program. Then
the program you are trying to use becomes the last thing to be installed
and magically wins again (but by breaking the previously installed
conflicting software). Of course with Linux rpm/deb package managed
system uninstalling and reinstalling typically does not change
anything, you usually would have more luck renaming away ~/.foorc/
and starting fresh that way.

Hamish

ps- wrt fubared email header handling explained in the links below, I
notice gmail is now complaining about gmail addresses resent from
Mailman too. (your post MarkusM showed up with a <!>spoof warning in
gmail) See the last link for Mailman config workaround (they just put
out a new band-aid release).

--
Hamish <hamish.webmail at gmail.com>
.