[GRASS-dev] type of parameter resolution in g.region vs r.proj

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 17 13:54:13 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Margherita Di Leo
<dileomargherita at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apparently, for unprojected reference systems, r.proj doesn't accept the
> parameter resolution expressed in DD:MM:SS, but only in decimal degrees (at
> least for me, any other experience?), while for example g.region does accept
> this format. The type of the parameter resolution is float for r.proj and
> integer for g.region (as far as i can understand digging into the source
> code).

The reason is the use of G_scan_resolution () in g.region:
http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/wind__scan_8c.html#a45410fd362f91e2c0a47e369e3fcaa5c

> My (probably naive) question is : Wouldn't it make sense to adopt
> integer type also for r.proj?

You mean you want both DD:MM:SS and decimal degrees support for
r.proj? To me it sounds reasonable.

Markus