[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 - Ubuntu package build problem on Launchpad

Ivan Minčík ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 01:12:16 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Ivan,

> > I did small investigation why Ubuntu package of GRASS 7 is failing to
> build
> > on Launchpad.
>
> first of all, thanks for you time.
>
> > The problem is caused by building single page documentation (make
> > htmldocs-single). This make command is also failing on my computer.
> Building
> > multi-page documentation (make htmldocs) is running without problem.
>
> These commands build API documentation [1]. I guess it's not needed
> for debian packaging, right? The user documentation [2] is build via
> default make command. I wonder there is attempt to build API manual
> for debian package. It doesn't make sense to me so much.

The same docs was build also in GRASS 6 packaging. It is a content of
'grass-dev-doc' package.
Removing it means loosing this package.

It is failing with meaningless error [1]:

*** [htmldocs-single] Error 2

The same error I get even if running by hand with 'make -d'

1 -
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/191285764/buildlog_ubuntu-precise-i386.grass70_7.0.0~ppa~2~revno-31311~ubuntu12.04.1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

--
Ivan Minčík