[GRASS-dev] Few notes to GRASS 7 Launchpad builds

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 22:31:01 PST 2014

Hi Martin,

On 25.12.2014 10:57, Martin Landa wrote:
> Dear Ivan,

>> 1. Current GRASS package version suffix (revno) is currently made
>> from Bazaar import version, which is meaningless for users (for
>> example: 7.0.0~ppa~2~revno-31311~ubuntu12.04.1 - 31311 is that
>> Bazaar version) I would propose to update to 0.4 version of
>> Launchpad build recipes and change {revno} variable to
>> {svn-revno} which will be substituted by GRASS SVN revision
>> number rather than meaningless Bazaar import revision as it was
>> now. SVN version is much higher value than BZR, so no problems
>> with upgrades
>>
>> Also, I propose to update little bit version format to latest
>> standards [1][2].
>>
>> Proposed recipe: # bzr-builder format 0.4 deb-version
>> 7.0.0+1svn{svn-revno} lp:grass/7.0 nest debianfiles
>> lp:~grass/grass/grass70_release_debian debian
>
> I can try to do it recently I became member of the Launchpad team
> [1]. Do I need administrator status for this job?

You do not need to be administrator to create a recipe - it is
possible to create a recipe as a user outside of GRASS team (which
will be listed on GRASS page), which will place debs to creator's
personal repository instead of GRASS. The same is with builds - anyone
can request a build using recipe from GRASS, which will generate debs
to his personal repository.
But surely you have to be administrator to update recipe created by
Rashad.

>> 2. GRASS Stable PPA depends on both ubuntugis-stable and
>> ubuntugis-unstable PPA repositories which can produce unexpected
>> results. I am proposing to choose only one of them.
>
> This can be changed also by administrator only, I guess?

I guess too :)

>> 3. GRASS 7 builds should be fixed now (fix is already loaded in
>> bzr). It is needed to request for build.

Martin, the fix was made by You. I was just trying to speed up bzr
synchronization and make a test build.

- --
Ivan Minčík
ivan.mincik at gmail.com  GPG: 0x79529A1E