[GRASS-dev] Is grass70b4 compiling on FreeBSD ?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Dec 29 13:50:34 PST 2014

Hi Fábio,

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 10:41 PM, Fábio Dias <fabio.dias at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is the 'current' beta release version compiling on freebsd?

ideally yes.

> I got the code from the release and I tried with freebsd 10.1 and got
> some error regarding libiconv, mostly on the new 'temporal' tools.
>
> If there's anything I can do to help :)

Great! First of all, please post your error message, e.g. here:
http://pastebin.com/

> thanks for the work, highly appreciated.

Your feedback is welcome, too.

Please consider to switch your b4 download to releasebranch, then
testing of updates is easier:

cd some/path/grass7beta4/
svn switch https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_0

# now simply
svn update

to get latest release related updates (there were many in the past few days).

Eventually it would be great to update the FreeBSD section here:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install#FreeBSD_.2F_NetBSD

Best
Markus