[GRASS-dev] r.profile limits in Windows 7

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 19:01:06 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

> will get you past the command line length limit (and is easier to work
> with too). what we should do is explicitly look for "profile=-" for
> reading from stdin, to make it more clear that it exists. another
> more GUI friendly way is to add a new option for an input file, which
> would be mutually exclusive with the profile=[east,north[,east,north,...]
> method of using the module.

I agree with more GUI friendly way. Once done in r.profile, this
functionality will be instantly available for MS Windows users (using only
GUI).

I updated the very outdated manual of r.profile by removing -i flag
documentation (which even has a replacement in GRASS 7). I noted also the
possibility of standard input.

Note that currently when you forget to fill `profile` in GUI and press Run,
you will get strange behavior. Two distinct options will avoid this.

Vaclav

[r59031] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/59031
[r.profile] http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/r.profile.html