[GRASS-dev] GRASS6.4.4RC1 release

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Tue Jan 7 17:43:26 PST 2014

I would like to ask whether there is any chance for releasing GRASS6.4.4 any time soon or to at least
provide GRASS6.4.4.RC1 on the WinGRASS website
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/native/

WinGRASS6.4.3-1 provided there does not run on computers where also ArcGIS is installed
but the current GRASS6.4.4 appears to run (at least we were able to install it and run the first assignment).
GRASS6.4.3 installed through OSGEO4W runs OK with ArcGIS but it is quite time consuming to install
compared to the stand alone installation and it is more prone to problems.

At this point we are recommending for students
http://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass64/WinGRASS-6.4.4svn-r58595-827-Setup.exe
but getting something more stable would be extremely helpful.

Thank you, Helena

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
2800 Faucette Drive, Rm. 1125 Jordan Hall
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
hmitaso at ncsu.edu