[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r61051 - grass/trunk/lib/init

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 09:29:59 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Huidae Cho <grass4u at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, my point is we can address the original issue by adding the
> following line in ~/.grass7/bashrc:
>
> export GRASS_ADDON_PATH="$GRASS_ADDON_PATH:~/grass-addon/bin"
>
> I'm not following the discussion but this is the way how to work with
"PATH" variables. There is some equivalent in Python, I believe, with some
"path sep".

> This is more flexible and doesn't impose "appending" of GRASS_ADDON_PATH
> and ignoring other variables in ~/.grass7/bashrc. In fact, like I said
> above in 1, the new version "breaks" this feature:
>
> export NEW_VAR=$HOME/grassdata
>
> doesn't expand to /home/user/grassdata.
>
> IMHO, it should be the user's responsibility and rights to overwrite or
> not overwrite anything available outside a GRASS session and that should
> happen in ~/.grass7/bashrc.

I'm not sure if this is related but note that bash aliases and perhaps some
other things are not available in GRASS session and it is not considered as
an issue.

[GRASS-dev] Bash aliases in GRASS
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2013-February/061837.html
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Bash-aliases-in-GRASS-td5032707.html