[GRASS-dev] (standalone/OSGeo4W)Wingrass-R-integration - which way to go?

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Mar 10 12:51:13 PDT 2014

hi,

> That will be great!
> we do need grass able to talk with R also in osgeo4w.

ok, I've testet a stripped down  R-batch-file
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5128182/setR.bat>   and put it
into

C:\OSGeo4W\etc\ini

results:

- R (R and RGui) starts in 'OSGeo4W Shell' and 'OSGeo4W' (OSGeo4W command
shell)
- OSGeo4W-WinGRASS6.4.svn/6dev-wxGUI starts without any problem
- OSGeo4W-WinGRASS6.4.svn/6dev in text mode starts without any problem, R
and RGui is usable within the GRASS session

but

- OSGeo4W-WinGRASS7.svn-wxgui doesn't start
- OSGeo4W-WinGRASS7.svn in text mode doesn't start

any testing/ideas are welcome to push this forward and propose it for
including in OSGeo4W upstream.

-----
best regards
Helmut