[GRASS-dev] libLAS on Ubuntu 14.04

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri May 23 12:25:49 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>wrote:

> Vaclav Petras wrote:
>
> > So the test failed with segmentation fault
>
> Possibly due to linking with gcc rather than g++. But that doesn't
> matter, as configure tests don't normally try to execute the program
> (that doesn't work if you're cross-compiling); they only care whether
> linking succeeds.

I have to remember this gcc vs g++ possible issue and that ./cofigure does
not execute. However, it did not helped me now. My sample program still
segfaults when compiled with g++.

> > but it would actually fail
> > during compilation if I would use `liblas-config --libs` because the
> boost
> > libraries are `libboost_program_options.so.1.54.0` on my computer while
> > `liblas-config --libs` says just `libboost_program_options.so` (same for
> > thread library).
>
> You may need to install a -devel package, e.g. boost-devel or
> whatever.
>
> Typically, the unversioned symlink is in the -devel package, as it's
> only needed for compiling programs which use the library; running them
> will use either the library itself or a symlink which includes at
> least the major version number.

I installed libboost-thread-dev and libboost-program-options-dev and
compilation works with $(liblas-config --libs) $(liblas-config --includes).
So, it should work in ./configure but the result is still "libLAS support:
no".