[GRASS-dev] Weekly report 1: Testing framework for GRASS GIS

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri May 23 22:15:18 PDT 2014

Hi all,

this is my first weekly report.

1. What did you get done this week?

I discussed the design and implementation with mentor during a week. The
result of discussions is on project wiki page [1]. I will add more in the
next days.

The code will be probably placed in GRASS sandbox repository [2] (although
the discussion is still open [3]), later it will be hopefully moved to
GRASS trunk.

2. What do you plan on doing next week?

I plan to implement some basic prototype of (part of) testing framework to
see how the suggested design would look like in practice and if it needs
further refinement. So far it is how I have it in my schedule.

3. Are you blocked on anything?

It is not clear to me how certain things in testing framework will work on
MS Windows. I will discuss this later on the wiki page and grass-dev.

Vaclav

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2014/TestingFrameworkForGRASS
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/sandbox
[3] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2014-May/069066.html