[GRASS-dev] Weekly report 2: Testing framework for GRASS GIS

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri May 30 20:52:46 PDT 2014

1. What did you get done this week?

The original plan for this week was to do a basic implementation of testing
framework. However, I decided to start from the implementation available in
Python unittest. This allowed me to continue in work on design
implementation problems. I also studied the unittest implementation to
understand what are the places which will be different in GRASS testing
framework.

2. What do you plan on doing next week?

The plan is to test unittest and doctest methods for evaluation and
comparison of textual and numerical outputs (results) on GRASS use cases.

3. Are you blocked on anything?

During next week, I (we) will need to make a decision if the tests will be
limited to English language environment (or even English locales) because
this can influence significant part of textual output comparisons.

Vaclav

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2014/TestingFrameworkForGRASS#Week02