[GRASS-dev] wxpython/iclass fails to compile, missing numpy.oldnumeric

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sun Nov 9 23:21:48 PST 2014

On 10.11.2014 00:26, Pietro wrote:
> Hi Nikos,
>
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 8:23 PM, Nikos Alexandris
> <nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
>> Yes, the above. Ehh.. maybe not related to G7 directrly? Complete
>> msg:
>
> I don't think is related to GRASS, please have a look at previous
> thread on the topic:
>
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2014-October/071126.html

Thanks Pietro, I had a look.

The problem for my box is not the version of wxwidgets. I have both
ver. 2.8 and 3.0 and can easily switch between them when compiling a
packages (Gentoo/Funtoo's eselect tool). Removing numpy 1.9.x and
installing 1.8.SomeThing, results in an error-free compilation.

If I can translate this correctly, anything that uses "oldnumeric",
will be a problem. NumPy 1.9 dropped support for it. In this case,
g.gui.iclass.py uses something that uses (something that uses?)
oldnumeric. This will stop working at some point.

Nikos