[GRASS-dev] Issues with Sphinx on osgeo server

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 21:04:01 PDT 2014

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Sören Gebbert <soerengebbert at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> i have the same problem on Ubuntu 12.04. The documentation for the
> wxgui failed to build with a shell error.
>
> Which error exactly, the same error as Markus had? Are you able to test it
more?

In fact, it seems to me that there were 3 different error states which
Markus reported. First, Sphinx documentation was running, wxgui was perhaps
successful (at least it did not stopped the build) but unfortunately it
failed and we don't have the full log, so we don't know what was caused the
fail. Second state were when Sphinx build started but ended at the very
beginning in conf.py with not being able to import grass.script package
(which means that PYTHONPATH/sys.path was wring or GRASS not build or ?).
The third is the most strange one and this is the one with no value for
sphinx build variable which should fail at different place or not at all
(and the later should be the case since sphinx is generally running).