[GRASS-dev] error v.what.rast

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 00:00:23 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Paulo van Breugel
> > On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:21 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Paulo van Breugel

> >> can you please post
> >>
> >> g.region rast=grid -p
> >

> > GRASS 7.1.svn (latlon):~ > g.region rast=grid -p
> > projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
> > zone:       0
> > datum:      wgs84
> > ellipsoid:  a=6378137 es=0.006694379990141316
> > north:      37:22:30N
> > south:      39S
> > west:       20:12:30W
> > east:       57:40E
> > nsres:      0:02:30
> > ewres:      0:02:30
> > rows:       1833
> > cols:       1869
> > cells:      3425877
>
> Can you please post with "-g" which is decimal?

n=37.375
s=-34.875
w=-17.5416666666667
e=51.4166666666667
nsres=0.0416666666666667
ewres=0.0416666666666667
rows=1734
cols=1655
cells=2869770

> region
> >>
> >> ... and also the boundary box of gbif?
> >
> > Projection: Latitude-Longitude
> >
> > N: 37:19:58.08N
> > S: 38:52:30S
> > E: 57:38:24E
> > W: 20:02:49.92W
>
> Also here, can you please post with "-g" which is decimal?

n=37.3328
s=-38.875
w=-20.0472
e=57.64
nsres=0.0416663750683434
ewres=0.0416776824034335
rows=1829
cols=1864
cells=3409256

> The error message is generated in
> lib/raster/get_row.c
>
> static int compute_window_row(int fd, int row, int *cellRow)
> {
>     struct fileinfo *fcb = &R__.fileinfo[fd];
>     double f;
>     int r;
>
>     /* check for row in window */
>     if (row < 0 || row >= R__.rd_window.rows) {
>         G_fatal_error(_("Reading raster map <%s@%s> request for row %d
> is outside region"),
>                       fcb->name, fcb->mapset, row);
>     }
>
> Perhaps a vector point just hits the extents of the computational region
> or map?

You are right that the extends do not match completely. But I was under the
impression that points outside the region simply got skipped? For example,
if I reduce the region to a small area, and run v.what.rast, I get the
warning message "WARNING: 2287133 points outside current region were
skipped", after which the it happily continues to run updating the points
that are within the region bounds, as per below.

WARNING: 2287133 points outside current region were skipped
Update vector attributes...
 100%
v.what.rast complete. 57621 records updated.