[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r62246 - grass/trunk/include/Make

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Oct 20 19:08:04 PDT 2014

Vaclav Petras wrote:

> can you please comment on 62246 or add documentation for it? Commit message
> does not tell much,

$(RELDIR) is simply the current directory relative to the root of the
GRASS source tree.

> it is not (yet?) used anywhere

I have no plans to use in the Makefiles. I added it mainly so that the
user can use e.g.

	make 'OBJDIR=$(GRASS_HOME)/OBJ.$(ARCH)/$(RELDIR)' ...

to place all[1] intermediate files in a single directory (which
doesn't have to be within the GRASS source tree) rather than scattered
throughout the source directory. This may be desirable for multiple
builds for a single $(ARCH) or for performing builds from a read-only
source tree.

[1] Currently, the files generated by lex/yacc are placed in the
source directory rather than in $(OBJDIR).

> and I don't understand the relation to %reldir% [1].

No relation.

> [1] http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Include.html

That refers to automake, which we don't use.