[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2462: reStructuredText files generated by Sphinx shows in svn status

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 24 17:56:02 PDT 2014

#2462: reStructuredText files generated by Sphinx shows in svn status
------------------------------------------------------------------------+---
 Reporter:  wenzeslaus                                                  |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  task                                                        |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified                                                 |
------------------------------------------------------------------------+---
 When I build documentation (`make sphinxdoc`) and then do `svn status` I
 get a lot of `rst` files which were generated by Sphinx during the build.

 The affected directories are:

  * `gui/wxpython/docs/wxgui_sphinx/src`
  * `lib/python/docs/src/`

 Just ignoring the files in SVN is probably not a good option since the
 list of files may (will) grow. Perhaps mixing the generated and hand-
 written files in one directory is bad. Do you have any ideas how to solve
 this?

 The workaround is to do `make cleansphinx` which will delete the generated
 `rst` files. I still see `gui/wxpython/docs/wxgui_sphinx/_build` although
 I don't see `_build` in `lib/python...` directory.

 Related: #1465

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2462>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>