[GRASS-dev] planning grass 7.0.0beta4

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 20:09:59 PDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it's long time ago when GRASS 7.0.0beta3 has been published (more then
> two months ago). I would suggest to publish beta4, what do you think?
> Is there any blocker or something which should be finished (e.g.
> g.list/g.remove backports)?
>
> Hi,

I was working on #2326 a little bit last week but I'm far from finishing. I
have a first implementation of raise in run/write/read command functions
and some changes make GUI start again. Nothing done on the rest of the code.

A branch would be helpful for this, by the way.

We've been also discussing removing things from __init__.py files. I'm not
sure if we should apply this but we probably should replace the practice

import grass.script as grass

by something more reasonable, explicit imports of things or

import grass.script as gscript

or

import grass.script.core as gcore
import grass.script.core as gscore

Depending on what we consider more stable or nier and if we will empty
__init__.py.

Vaclav

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2326