[GRASS-dev] G7 blockers call

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Sep 3 15:32:57 PDT 2014

wenzeslaus wrote
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 3:35 AM, Martin Landa <

> landa.martin@

> wrote:
>
>> > So far I had two students reporting the problem with MSVCR.71.dll
>> missing - I have added the link to the
>> > WinGRASS_errors wiki to the course webpage so I hope that will help.
>>
>> Checking "Important Microsoft runtime libraries" in the installer
>> should solve this problem [1].
>>
>> I think this issue is discussed also somewhere else since I remember
> writing this somewhere already. Anyway, at least for the record, checking
> the check box does not help. Getting through the 2 other suggestion on
> wiki
> does not help either. But doing the steps from the installer manually
> works
> (the third suggestion). This was the case on two (or more) computers
> already.mention Martin
>>
>> [1]
>> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WinGRASS_errors#The_GRASS_GIS_.28winGRASS.29_exits_immediately_after_I_start_it.21

are you installing winGRASS standalone with admin rights (e.g. right click
run as admin)?

can you test it with and without "run as admin" on these win machines?

can you also test at which manually step mentioned in the wiki winGRASS is
working/not working.

the OSGeo4W-package is unfortunately a moving window...

-----
best regards
Helmut