[GRASS-dev] Some minor TGIS issues in GRASS 7.1

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Sun Sep 14 13:28:26 PDT 2014

Hi again,

First of all, I can second Lucas findings that t.list works fine with "local data". On my Ubuntu laptop and the NC Climae data sample I had no problems with the module.

However, when working on the manual pages for t.remove and t.unegister (for GRASS 7.0) I came across another issue:

Both t.unregister and t.remove do not fully "unregister" maps from the temporal database. Only the "registered_stds" column in "raster_stds_register" is "emptied", while all entities in this table and all entries in "raster_metadata", "raster_spatial_extent", "raster_base", "raster_absolute_time" remain.

So, even after I unregistered all maps of a stds and removed the st(r)ds, the raster map metadata stays in the db, and when I create a new strds and register maps I already had registered earlier I get a warning:

"WARNING: Map is already registered in temporal database. Unable to update raster map 2012_09_precip at climate_1970_2012>. Overwrite flag is not set."

Only t.remove -rf removes everything and properly cleans the temporal db.

Is this intended behavior or a bug?

And, another thing which is unclear to me, should t.remove also unregister all maps associated with the stds or is the user expected to run t.unregister first?

Cheers
Stefan