[GRASS-dev] v.overlay handles mapname at mapset in a wrong way

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 12:50:30 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems [1] that v.overlay cannot handle dot in mapset name which probably
> points to a wrong handling of mapset in a parameter.

How did you manage to add @<mapset> to the output name? With the GUI
this is not possible. On the command line you should not add @<mapset>
to a vector output (this might apply also to raster output, I did not
check) because output maps are always created in the current mapset.
The error appears not in the module but in the library, thus affects
all modules who care to check the validity of a vector output name.
IOW, the vector output name must not be a fully qualified name. I have
fixed that in r62023,4 for trunk and relbr_70. The warning is now

WARNING: Illegal vector map name
         <tmp_map_name_27967_1 at __temporal_t_vect_mapcalc_test.t.vect.mapcalc>.
         Character '@' not allowed.

because '@' occurs before '.' in the fully qualified name.

Markus M