[GRASS-dev] vector display clipping

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Sep 17 15:56:15 PDT 2014

Anna Petrášová wrote:

> > > I still don't understand if the current behavior in 7 is intended and if
> > > so, why no vector clipping is better?
> >
> > It isn't intended, it's an oversight.
>
> I see. So, are you (or anyone else who understands this part of code) going
> to do something about it?

Try r62026.

This sets the clip region to the destination rectangle by default.

However, there may be situations where this clips things which
shouldn't be clipped. E.g. if you're plotting points with
"d.vect ... icon=...", points near the edge of the map will probably
have their icons clipped to the bounds of the map.