[GRASS-dev] raster.dll problem

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:59:21 PDT 2015

Unfortunately, raster.dll from ERDAS problem is still around. This happens
in the Windows system command line on some computer when using v.in.proj
using the dialog:

C:\Users\john> ***ERROR NUMBER 2338 IN FUNCTION
edll_InstanceOpenByClassName***

 >>>DLL Open failed for C:/Program Files/Intergraph/ERDAS IMAGINE
2014/usr/lib/W
in32Release/FileFilters/raster.dll<<
 ***ERROR NUMBER 162 IN FUNCTION edll_Open***
 >>>Could not load DLL C:\Program Files\Intergraph\ERDAS IMAGINE
2014\usr\lib\Wi
n32Release\FileFilters\raster.dll: The module was not found.<<

 ***ERROR NUMBER 2338 IN FUNCTION edll_InstanceOpenByClassName***
 >>>DLL Open failed for C:/Program Files/Intergraph/ERDAS IMAGINE
2014/usr/lib/W
in32Release/FileFilters/raster.dll<<
 ***ERROR NUMBER 162 IN FUNCTION edll_Open***
 >>>Could not load DLL C:\Program Files\Intergraph\ERDAS IMAGINE
2014\usr\lib\Wi
n32Release\FileFilters\raster.dll: The module was not found.<<

Then GUI Command console reports a lot of errors when running g.gisenv -n.

Previous tests using Dependency Walker revealed nothing. Some things
suggested that it might be related to Browse button in wxPython but it's
unclear. More investigation needed.

Interestingly, the only things I was able to find about ERROR NUMBER ... IN
FUNCTION edll_Open are:

http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=93&f=38&t=132335&g=1
http://support.esri.com/ja/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/16623

I even don't know what to put to the WinGRASS errors page. Uninstall ERDAS?
I was not able to check if this would help.

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WinGRASS_errors