[GRASS-dev] Push diffs from local git to grass-addons svn?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Aug 14 23:23:24 PDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Nikos Alexandris
<nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> ps- we have had a short discussion on keeping a complete local copy of
> svn for having the options to move stuff around. Do you really, devs,
> keep a complete local copy (>10GB)?

No need - there is the "svn copy" command for that. See e.g.

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToSVN#MovingmodulesbetweentrunkandAddonsrepository

I have checked out separately
grass64/
grass64_release/
grass65/
grass70/
grass70_release/
grass71/
grass-addons/grass-promo/
grass-sandbox/

and this is way less than 10 GB.

(the XX_release checkouts are redundant which I use to prepare the
releases - almost all file timestamps maintained which I try to
carefully keep since 1999 or earlier :-)

Markus